"And what is life? Think of not knowing what life is and then finding out: a book suddenly learning to read: a rock jutting out into the sea suddenly knowing the thump and splatter of the waves, the taste of salt. You are alive. It needn't have been so. It wasn't once, and it will not be so forever. But it is so now. And what is it like to be alive in this maybe one place of all places anywhere where life is? Live a day of it and see. Take any day and be alive in it. It is your birthday and there are many presents to open. The world is to open... Wherever my feet take me now, it will be to something wet, something new that I have not seen before"
- Frederick Buechner
She is beginning to discover the world around her, to include....
that everything is deeply, deeply spiritual....
that we can sleep without pacifiers....
that dad's chest and neck are pretty cozy....
We also really enjoy our feedings, but will not be posting those pictures. Other things we are learning and loving include music (to include Coldplay, Elton John, U2, and Baby Einstein), our activity mat, walks outside, soft blankets, Gloworm toys, and our swing. We are working on learning to love bath time and this big dog, Dakota, that keeps sniffing us.
And for the most asked question....how is the night? We don't want to brag or jinx it- but it is not bad at all. She sleeps in 2-3 hour shifts between feedings and sleeps well. The last two nights we have only been up about 3 or 4 times.
As for the other quotes above her crib, her four quotes are:
"I knew the moment I met you an adventure was about to begin."- Winnie the Pooh
"Who said anything about safe? Of course he is not safe, but he's good. He's the King I tell you." - The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe
"I daresay you haven't had much practice, when I was younger I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."- Alice in Wonderland
"Listen to the mustn'ts child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, the then listen close to me... ANYTHING can happen child. Anything can be." -Shel Silverstien
including her roxie and steve-o's quote...."this is the day the Lord hath made"............ we are rejoicing because our girls have brought a new song into our lives........ blest beyond measure...... there is no way we can express how deeply we love our two little girls........always, blake and maddie's roxie
ReplyDeleteOkay, just looked at ALL of your wonderful, beautiful pictures of Blake. First, I must admit...she is gorgeous! Second, I am stunned that Abby is in jeans, crossing her legs in some pictures, and then tucks them under her butt in the hospital bed! Seriously??? Did she birth this child or pick it up at the nursery? Just kidding. Abby, you look so pretty. You definitley have the new mom glow. If you need any help or advice, please let me know. I know you have a wonderful family full of Godly mothers, but if you need anything....please don't hesitate to ask. Griff, you are such a proud Papa...Daddy Yum Yum! Ha! That's hilarious. Ya;ll have much to be grateful fo. I am going to add you to my blogging friends. Love you guys, Paige
ReplyDeletecongrats griff and abby. she is a DOLL!!! y'all look so happy!
ReplyDeleteabby/griff...how precious is this child I ask! I love her style and can't wait for a few feathers and animal print :) little ms. tiffany's entrance into the world also followed chips and hot sauce - we may have a talker on our hands! xoxo,
ReplyDeleteGriff and Abby, Blake is so precious!! I LOVE all of your pictures and the wonderful moments already treasured. I especially love the sunglasses and paci and Blake and Abby having girl time by the pool. How perfect!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to meeting her in person!
She's precious! And I LOVE Shel Silverstein. :)
ReplyDelete