I believe that love can just happen, it does not have to grow.
I believe that you can love something so much it literally hurts you.
I believe that God’s love is much bigger than any of us are comfortable with- and that is a great thing.
I believe it is possible to be completely present in a moment.
I believe it is possibly to communicate love and grace without words, simply holding and rocking.
I believe that it can be more fun to lay on the floor with a newborn instead of watching 30 Rock.
I believe that every baby’s cry sounds just a bit different- and your baby's cry resonates within you.
I believe in complete perfection. It is possible- maybe it’s a short shelf life, but it exist.
I believe everything you once thought was so urgent and so important- can stop and life keeps on going.
I believe babies understand a lot more than we give them credit for.
I believe it’s more enjoyable to read a book with a sleeping peaceful baby beside you, now a crying baby is another story.
I believe that someone else’s, uh, “movements” can actually really matter to you.
I believe that God choosing to send Jesus as a baby was a really risky move, but a smart one.
I believe that a sweet baby girl’s burb can sound like a guy at the bar after a few Miller Lights.
I believe that Blake was born into this world at this time for a reason.
I believe that being made in the image of God is a lot more important than the typical church’s theology makes of it.
I believe in the Divine Spark in each one of us.
I believe that as a dad, Blake’s messes and clean up are a really important part of my life- and I think God feels the same way about my life messes and clean up.
I believe that truly life is the biggest and greatest miracle.
I believe that the sky is the limit for this baby girl.
I believe that having a new life totally changes the celebration of New Life at Easter.
I believe that God does have a plan and it’s not that important that we really understand it.
I believe that she sleeps better when the ipod is set to Roxie’s piano music and Bono better than anything else.
I believe being woken up at 2:00 to swaddle your baby girl can be a great way to be woken up.
I believe we are all born into God’s everlasting love and will all end up in divine loving arms- each one of us on this earth.
I believe that on some level, even at this age, when I read Where The Wild Things Are to Blake, she gets it.
I believe she might have a better understanding of God than I do.
Hey Griff and Abby.
ReplyDeleteBut really this comment is for Griff....Okay, so I didn't really know that you were a huge U2 fan. I love them and just got our tickets for their upcoming tour..BUT..What I wanted to TELL YOU was that Finley has a cd called Rock a Bye Baby: u2 It is the best ever and we downloaded it to her crib ipod and have it on ours so that it is constantly with us. You can check out this website to take a listen. You will love it! http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/