"I don't know much about God: only that He or She is love. I do love Jesus and I'm nuts about His mother." -Anne Lamott
Even though we are Baptist people, we are still big Mary fans. she represents grace, obedience, God's favored, God's beloved, freedom, and authentic prayer. It's the good religious stuff- the stuff we hope Blake's life is full of. One of the outfits we had made for Blake has the Virgin Mother on it, today she wore her Mary onsie and began her share in the mutual love of the Martin family for the Mother Mary.
I laughed out loud when I saw this...mainly because I was just in Abilene visiting my parents and saw a Mother Mary candle in my room that Griff had given me in college. It made me think of y'all earlier this week, and it made this picture all the more perfect!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorites--"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth..." 3 John 1:4
Love & miss you.