But I will set out again. Just give me a few days.
I've been racking my brain to try and put some words to it and the bottom line is I can't. It was one of the best experiences of my life, and there are no words to describe it.
Grueling? Yes.
Exhausting? Of course.
Exhilarating? You have no idea.
I firmly believe it's important to try and tackle some hard things every now and then, if for no other reason than to remind yourself that you can. That you are strong. And capable. And determined. It's bound to be handy information to have at your disposal. You know, on the days when you feel less than strong, capable, and determined.
For the last chunk of the run I keep telling myself something B tells me all the time,"I can do it, Mommy!" She generally chooses to tell me this while using her very best "outside voice" and giving me a look that says something along the lines of, "I dare you to tell me I can't."
And while there are days when I wonder how in the world we are ever going to keep this child of ours in line, it was her voice in my head saying over and over, "I can do it, and I dare anyone to tell me I can't" that got me across that finish line. I wonder what lines it will get her across.
That's what a lot of the past six months have been about for me. And that's what Sunday was about. A reminder that I can do it.
Whatever "it" may be.
And I dare anyone to tell me I can't.
Way to go Abby! But don't stop now! Come run in Waco next year.
ReplyDelete