Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Better Together.


At this time last week Griff, B, and I were quite literally half a world apart. He was in Kenya seeing the things most of us only dream about. In the meantime B and I were stateside enjoying some quality time with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

We managed to have a pretty good time, which isn't a stretch when you have a whole slew of family at the ready to go any where and do anything. And Griff, well, I think it's best if he tells you about what he did.

But I'll say this: we're better together. All three of us in the same time zone, under the same roof, going about our lives makes me happier than the promise of any adventure, no matter how grand, alone ever could. And if you could have seen the way B got scooped up into her dad's arms the second he saw her you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

So welcome home, Griff. We missed you. Let's not do that again for a while.









1 comment: