There was also snow. Blake experienced an unfortunate side effect of living in Houston...a slight aversion to snow. Luckily it only took a day or two for that to wear off.
When we weren't playing in the white stuff we managed to paint a plate. Plate painting is serious business.
Seriously.
And we rode the gondola.
Riding the gondola with Blake is mildly terrifying. For two days she was terrified of snow, but thought trying to get the gondola to rock back and fourth was the best thing ever. Totally normal.
And then there were the puppies. Have I mentioned before that Blake loves and adores all members of the k-9 family? This is a point I cannot stress enough.
So here's what happened. My in-laws heard about a place where you could go dog sledding. Unfortunately participants need be three years or older, which ruled B out. Not to be thwarted we (or was it Teve?) decided it would be just as fun to go and have a look at the puppies.
(Note: by puppies I obviously mean Huskies)
Let me take a minute and say that I have never in my life seen dogs this beautiful. I don't know if it's their eyes, or that they let toddlers rub their ears, or their fur, or something else entirely. But they are beautiful.
And Blake loved them. She really, really loved them. She told them they were georgous. She laughed and shrieked. She jumped up and down. She loved them so much that when they ran off she absoutley fell apart.
But then we had a sucker. And all was well with the world.
And a good time was had by all.



No comments:
Post a Comment