Monday, July 12, 2010

Way Up There.

Last week we abandoned our schedules, emails, and cell phone service. We packed up (in just 2 suitcases!), made it through security, and found ourselves at the bottom of a mountain. We ate, drank, and were merry.



Did I mention we wore hats and coats quite a bit of the time? It was spectacular.


Oh, and B sported pig tails. Don't even get me started on how totally adorable that was.

But back to the mountains, hats, and coats. Every year about this time Griff's family converges on his grandparents home away from home way up there in Colorado. I say way up there because we live at sea level, and they live right around 10,000 feet above sea level. So while it probably comes as no surprise to anyone that B got just a wee bit altitude sick that first night, I still had nightmares that we caught swine flu-the remix on the plane. But only the first night. After that it was smooth sailing.

So here are a few pics from our favorite patch of Rocky Mountains.








And just because I can't resist, here are a few of B's cousins. She just loves her Maddie Pie and Tee-Poo.



Thank you so very much, Gran Gran and Dida, for sharing your patch of paradise with us. We love you!







1 comment:

  1. blakey, your freaking PIGTAILS just made my day. and you better have that 2nd pic of the 3 of ya'll in a frame already. counting down to next week... hurry up and come see ree-rah!!!!!

    ReplyDelete